Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Singles Wards

I have been out of high school for 5 close to 6 years now. It was a fun time. Friends were abundant. My biggest worries were what I was going to do any given weekend, what girl did I have in my sights. Those were the days. No worries!
Well they are back! Going to the singles ward has been like getting dropped back in high school. You don't get graded on paper but by a higher authority. Unfortunately I don't hink my "GPA" is at the top of the class. But I find people worried about the same things that were significant in the days of acne and iggnorance. "What's going on tonight?" and "Is she dating anyone?" are the questions on everyones mind. Don't get me wrong, I think that it is great that there is a place where young single LDS members can meet and chat and go out and have a good time. Hey I want to get married just as much as the next guy. But why can't we get passed the high school nonsense of it all!? Does it really matter if she went on a date with him? Does it matter if someone planned something and you didn't get word of it till the last minute? Seriously! If you want to take someone out, ask them out. And that goes for you girls too. Fact is guys are stupid and most of the time we don't get your "hints" and don't know if you are being nice or trying to send a signal. So let's keep it simple huh. If you like someone, tell them. If you are to nervous to do that then tell their best friend. It's pretty much exactly the same as telling them anyways. And boys and girls, if they don't feel the same about you it's not that bad. I promise that there is someone out there that is too scared to tell you how they feel about you.
I am on a quest to help all of my friends that have such a need to get together and have that all important "special someone". I know that it is a great thing and I do miss it myself. Hopefully they will know that when you have it do everything you can to keep it cause it can be gone in the blink of the eye.