Wednesday, December 10, 2008

I got a puppy... that is now a dog







So it was around the end of July, maybe the beginning of August (I'm horrible with dates) and my mother comes in to wake me up long before I would normally roll out of bed. She is with my little sister and asks me if I want a dog. My intial response is no seeing as I was not looking forward to taking on the responsibility. But she presses on telling me that he is a little puppy and a pitbull at that. So I agreed to go look at him around the corner from the house. As I walk up to the door the littlest brown ball with a tail and flopp ears comes stumbling out. SOLD! He is the funniest little thing to watch as he trips over his ginormous paws that look like they could be on a St. Bernard. He falls into my legs and I pick him up. He weighs next to nothing and has gold eyes. To top it off he has puppy breathe which is the reason I don't set him down till I get home.






Then he grew up. And is still growing to the day. His paws almost fit him. His eas are not as floppy. His muscles are starting to bulge which is a trade mark of the breed. His teeth have grown in and he loves to us them to torture my mothers Dachsund as well as chew anything that is in his sights. Soccer balls have no chance. Tennis balls last a max of 90 seconds. Baseballs are his favortite but even then they have been a chore to pick up the next day as he shreds the cover and plays with the string till it covers all bushes. But he is a loving and sweet pitbull that shows no aggression to people or animals and would play 23 1/2 hours a day with a little time to eat. Be aware that feeding a Pitbull duing his growing years has been more expensive than gassing up my V-8 even when I was making frequent trip to Cali at the peak of the gas hike! But I love him to death and wouldn't trade him in for anything, except maybe my V-8. His name is Max and is the best thing in my life. It is so true when they dogs are a man's best friend.

No comments: